Scramble winners shoot 21-under
The winners of the annual Memorial four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club blistered the course for a winning score of 51.
That bettered the best score of the tournament for the last two years by five strokes.
Placing first were Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimek and C.J. Farber. They were consistent with a 26 on the front nine and 25 on the back.
A Gothenburg team won the second flight with a score of 59. Members of the foursome were Wade Geiken, Don Graham, Chris Graham and Jackson Graham.
Taking third flight honors with a 65 were Jim Sedlak, Mandy Sedlak, Mark Bartels and Stan Poss.
The fourth flight was also won with a 65 by the team of Dave Rouzee of Kearney. The names of the remainder of the foursome were not available.
A total of 40 teams competed in the tournament.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30