Scramble winners shoot 21-under
The winners of the annual Memorial four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club blistered the course for a winning score of 51.
That bettered the best score of the tournament for the last two years by five strokes.
Placing first were Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimek and C.J. Farber. They were consistent with a 26 on the front nine and 25 on the back.
A Gothenburg team won the second flight with a score of 59. Members of the foursome were Wade Geiken, Don Graham, Chris Graham and Jackson Graham.
Taking third flight honors with a 65 were Jim Sedlak, Mandy Sedlak, Mark Bartels and Stan Poss.
The fourth flight was also won with a 65 by the team of Dave Rouzee of Kearney. The names of the remainder of the foursome were not available.
A total of 40 teams competed in the tournament.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair