Scramble winners shoot 21-under
The winners of the annual Memorial four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club blistered the course for a winning score of 51.
That bettered the best score of the tournament for the last two years by five strokes.
Placing first were Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimek and C.J. Farber. They were consistent with a 26 on the front nine and 25 on the back.
A Gothenburg team won the second flight with a score of 59. Members of the foursome were Wade Geiken, Don Graham, Chris Graham and Jackson Graham.
Taking third flight honors with a 65 were Jim Sedlak, Mandy Sedlak, Mark Bartels and Stan Poss.
The fourth flight was also won with a 65 by the team of Dave Rouzee of Kearney. The names of the remainder of the foursome were not available.
A total of 40 teams competed in the tournament.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates