A place to sit and remember
MEMORIAL BENCH: So far, two memorial benches have been installed at the Gothenburg Cemetery as part of a project spearheaded by the city cemetery board.
Keith Block, a board member, said the benches and installment by the city crew cost about $900. There are 45 places throughout the cemetery that the board and city officials designated as places for the benches that are made of plastic and metal. Block said the project got started about a year ago when someone requested permission to put in a bench in memory of a loved one. The bench pictured with Block is in memory of Arnold and Phyllis Anderson. For more information about the benches, call city hall at 537-3677.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities