County surveyor fees to increase
Commissioners approve fee for drafting, research
A $50 research and drafting fee is now part of what the county surveyor can charge.
At Friday’s Dawson County Commissioners meeting, commissioners passed a resolution that adds the fee. The surveyor fee of $150 an hour will remain the same.
Mark Streit is the county surveyor.
The commissioners also approved a resolution for an interlocal agreement with Gosper County to share the duties of Dawson County weed superintendent Marty Craig.
Gosper County will pay Dawson County $33,000 for Craig to enforce noxious weed laws.
In other action, commissioners reappointed four county residents to the Veterans Service Committee and set their terms.
They are Jack Ostergard of Gothenburg and Tom Brennan, Dick Prasch and Dick Helvey, all of Lexington.
Ostergard’s term will end in 2016, Brennan’s in 2017, Prasch’s in 2018 and Helvey’s in 2019.
On another matter, commissioners approved a designated liquor license for Miretta Vineyards & Winery, Inc., of St. Paul to serve alcohol at the Johnson Lake Wine and Art Festival on June 14.
The commissioners also learned about problems with a sewer line at the county fairgrounds that is being repaired and heard that several departments like having Client Server Technology Group of Omaha as their network support.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout