Gothenburg students participate in 22nd annual state science meet
Hands-on science fun brings students to UNMC
Sixty-six eighth-grade students from 24 schools across Nebraska, including five Gothenburg youths, attended UNMC’s 22nd annual State Science Meet June 5-7, for an educational and fun experience.The goal of the meet is to inspire students, especially those from rural communities, to pursue careers in health care. The students qualify for the meet by submitting science projects in one of seven regional science meets sponsored by the Nebraska Area Health Education Centers across the state earlier in the year.
While on campus students were exposed to the health professions, medical research and patient care. Events included hands-on science activities such as:
Presentations about a variety of health science disciplines
Tours of UNMC
A team science competition
Participating from Gothenburg were: Ali Bartels, Arleigh Costello, Madison Coulter, Emma Jorgenson and Jocelyn Kennicutt. Kaylee Wahlgren was also selected to participate but could not attend.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite