Prescribed fire tour set for June 19 near Brady
The Loess Canyon Rangeland Alliance (LCRA) will be hosting a prescribed fire tour Thursday, June 19, on the property of Bob and Jenny Raymond south of Brady.
The tour will depart from the Ranchland gas station in Maxwell and the Pioneer building in Moorefield at 10 a.m. with the tour to begin at 11 a.m. Free lunch will be served.
The tour will view burns from this spring and previous years emphasizing the progress made to re-establish native rangeland by eradicating eastern red cedars in canyons and pastures.
The goal for this tour is to educate the public and landowners about the benefits of prescribed burns. Discussions will be held on how to prepare for a prescribed burn in a safe and efficient manner, establishing firebreaks, grazing deferments, cutting and stuffing, how we conduct burns, cost share, and benefits of prescribed fire.
Those on the tour will see the burn history dating back to 2001 and the economic benefit each landowner can gain with a successful burn.
For more information regarding the LCRA visit the website at www.loesscanyonburngroup.com.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC