Need for net speed to grow
Thank you to everyone who completed the technology survey distributed by the Gothenburg Improvement Co. earlier this year. The information collected in those surveys will be utilized by GHS as we roll out 450 Chromebooks to students some time next fall.
In addition, I encourage junior and senior high students and their parents to attend a community celebration on June 25 across from the school on Avenue I. This event will be hosted by GIC and is both a celebration of the success we had with data collection and an opportunity to investigate ways to increase connectivity.
While you may, or may not, feel your Internet access is adequate at this time, bandwidth and the need for high-speed internet connectivity will only increase as we utilize on-line textbooks, stream educational videos, collaborate on class projects, and create flipped classrooms.
Thank you Gothenburg and “Get up to Speed.”
Dr. Michael Teahon
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president