Need for net speed to grow
Thank you to everyone who completed the technology survey distributed by the Gothenburg Improvement Co. earlier this year. The information collected in those surveys will be utilized by GHS as we roll out 450 Chromebooks to students some time next fall.
In addition, I encourage junior and senior high students and their parents to attend a community celebration on June 25 across from the school on Avenue I. This event will be hosted by GIC and is both a celebration of the success we had with data collection and an opportunity to investigate ways to increase connectivity.
While you may, or may not, feel your Internet access is adequate at this time, bandwidth and the need for high-speed internet connectivity will only increase as we utilize on-line textbooks, stream educational videos, collaborate on class projects, and create flipped classrooms.
Thank you Gothenburg and “Get up to Speed.”
Dr. Michael Teahon
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates