Widicks are 2014 honored couple
Ren and Kathy Widick are the 2014 honored couple for Founders Day in Farnam.
Ren was born in the Farnam Hospital on May 8, 1939. Kathy was born in Kearney on Jan. 14, 1939. Both graduated from Farnam High School.
Married for 55 years, the couple are the parents of five children: Mike, Karen, Brad, Ross and Craig. They have 20 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The Widicks have been active in the Farnam community. Ren was on the fire department for 25 years. He served as mayor and belongs to the Lions Club. He worked for the coop and is now retired.
Kathy was a stay-at-home mom and then later worked as a nurse for 20 years and is now retired.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president