‘Live the dream’ right here
Born and raised in Lincoln, I had hopes and dreams of going someplace “bigger and better” after college to live in a high-tech, fast-paced city where everything is cutting-edge and innovative. Never in a million years would I have pictured myself living in Gothenburg.
Yet, here I am, and I wouldn’t choose to live anywhere else. The ironic thing is that I HAVE been living my dream because Gothenburg IS high-tech, cutting-edge, innovative and is constantly improving and securing the future of our “little” community. And yet… we still don’t have a single stoplight! We don’t have a stoplight because we are still considered “small-town” where we still value “the little things” like hard work, making our educational system a priority, building relationships, volunteering our time, creating friendly neighborhoods and celebrating our successes together.
We need to “Get Up to Speed” because, simply stated… it’s the “right thing to do.” The hard truth is that without fiber, our community will no longer be able to have the best of both worlds (both small town values and continue to stay cutting edge). Let’s not fall behind, Gothenburg… we need 500 sign-ups with gfiber, Powered by Pinpoint, so we can continue to “live the dream” right here in small-town Gothenburg.
Angie Richeson, Gothenburg
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action