Wrestlers earn awards at Cornhusker State Games
Several Gothenburg wrestlers found success at the 2014 Cornhusker State Games July 19-20.
Jeremy Larson won an IronMan award for points he accumulated in the competition. Wrestlers earned the award if they gained at least nine points from the events. Points were awarded for gold (3), silver (2) and bronze (1) medals.
Larson swept his three events, taking first in scholastic, advantage and takedown.
The wrestling events took place at Waverly High School.
Gothenburg wrestlers that placed included:
Jeremy Larson—1st, Scholastic; 1st, Advantage; 1st, Takedown
Bryce Larson—3rd, Greco; 3rd, Freestyle; 2nd, Advantage; 3rd, Takedown
Quintin Fair—2nd, Advantage
Ethan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Brendan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Trevor Holley—3rd, Scholastic
Keifer Anderson—3rd, Scholastic
Brett Larson—3rd, Scholastic
Corben Libich—4th, Advantage
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30