Wrestlers earn awards at Cornhusker State Games
Several Gothenburg wrestlers found success at the 2014 Cornhusker State Games July 19-20.
Jeremy Larson won an IronMan award for points he accumulated in the competition. Wrestlers earned the award if they gained at least nine points from the events. Points were awarded for gold (3), silver (2) and bronze (1) medals.
Larson swept his three events, taking first in scholastic, advantage and takedown.
The wrestling events took place at Waverly High School.
Gothenburg wrestlers that placed included:
Jeremy Larson—1st, Scholastic; 1st, Advantage; 1st, Takedown
Bryce Larson—3rd, Greco; 3rd, Freestyle; 2nd, Advantage; 3rd, Takedown
Quintin Fair—2nd, Advantage
Ethan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Brendan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Trevor Holley—3rd, Scholastic
Keifer Anderson—3rd, Scholastic
Brett Larson—3rd, Scholastic
Corben Libich—4th, Advantage
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together