Wrestlers earn awards at Cornhusker State Games
Several Gothenburg wrestlers found success at the 2014 Cornhusker State Games July 19-20.
Jeremy Larson won an IronMan award for points he accumulated in the competition. Wrestlers earned the award if they gained at least nine points from the events. Points were awarded for gold (3), silver (2) and bronze (1) medals.
Larson swept his three events, taking first in scholastic, advantage and takedown.
The wrestling events took place at Waverly High School.
Gothenburg wrestlers that placed included:
Jeremy Larson—1st, Scholastic; 1st, Advantage; 1st, Takedown
Bryce Larson—3rd, Greco; 3rd, Freestyle; 2nd, Advantage; 3rd, Takedown
Quintin Fair—2nd, Advantage
Ethan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Brendan Libich—2nd, Scholastic
Trevor Holley—3rd, Scholastic
Keifer Anderson—3rd, Scholastic
Brett Larson—3rd, Scholastic
Corben Libich—4th, Advantage
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair