Cover crop, soil health fields days Aug. 20, 21
Field days will be held in Chapman and Lexington to reveal results of test plots and provide information on irrigation technology.
The field days will be held next week at the following locations:
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m.-Noon. Ken Seim Farm, mile west of intersection I and 6th Road, Chapman.
Thursday, Aug. 21, 9:30 a.m.- Noon. Mark Allen Farm, 43371 Road 757, Lexington.
Both field days are open to the public and are being conducted by the Central Platte Natural Resources District/University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Those attending will see results on plots regarding the following irrigation technology and practices:
Soil moisture monitoring equipment & nitrate management using cover crops.
Cover crop blends planted in seed corn fields.
Micrometer flow meters with Telemetry.
Root pit evaluation and rain simulator (Lex field day only).
Other services related to irrigation management (VRI).
Information from the NRCS and local seed dealers.
Landowners are encouraged to attend. RSVP by Aug. 18—Chapman, contact CPNRD at 308-385-6282; Lexington, contact NRCS 308-324-6314 ext. 3.
The Central Platte NRD, UNL Extension, NRCS, Green Cover Seed, Arrow Seed, Crop Metrics and Seim Ag Technologies will present information on the above topics.
For more information, contact Dean Krull/UNL Extension at 402-469-0155.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair