Levi Haswell, 69 - August 17, 2013Ivan “Levi” Eugene Haswell, 69, of Bradford, IA, formerly of Arnold, died suddenly while visiting at Napa, ID, on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013.
Services will be conducted on Monday, Aug. 26, at 11 a.m. at the Baptist Church, 101 E. Seventh Ave., at Arnold.
Haswell was born Aug. 2, 1944, at Merna to Margaret (Whipple) and Russell Haswell.
He grew up at Arnold where he worked on the new school house and enjoyed spending time with his friends, according to family.
After moving to Colorado in 1963, he became a heavy equipment operator specializing in backhoe operation, honing his skills to eventually becoming a building site supervisor. He worked the construction trade from Colorado to Texas and to Oklahoma.
In 1988, he became a truck driver and eventually owned and operated his own truck until he retired in 2006.
Haswell was married to his first wife, Sandra, for 15 years. To this union, three children were born. The couple were later divorced.
He then married his second wife
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout