Robert Allen Brown, 77 - December 03, 2013Robert Allen Brown, 77, of Fairbury passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at 10 a.m. at the Church of God in Fairbury with the Rev. Kerry Moody officiating.
Brown was born Nov. 2, 1936, to Everett Glen and Lois Irene Brown at Iowa City, IA.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Everett and Lois; brothers—Glenn and Frank; sister, Sharon Kay Benson; brother-in-law, Calvin Patrick; and great-grandson, William Robert (Robbie) Hodges.
Survivors include: his wife, Tena Louise Hiatt Brown; daughters—Tena Michelle (Roberto) Gonzalez and Stephanie (Kerry) Moody; a son, Robert (Joann) Brown, Jr.; grandchildren—Christina and Katelynn Gonzalez, Jessica Cahill Thomason, Johnathan Hesters, Joshua Cahill, Scott, Joshua, Treagan, Timothy, Jay, Monet and Nila Moody and Tessa Shawhorn; great-grandchildren—Melissa Cahill Thomason, Makenly Thomason, Gwenlynn Filip; sisters—Norma (Larry) Sanders, Ruth Ann (Lyle) Floyd and Mary Jo Patrick; a brother, Steve (Carol) Brown; brother-in-law, Ron Benson.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet