Regina DeCecco, 90 - December 29, 2013Regina A. DeCecco, 90, of Plattsburg, MO, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, Dec 29, 2013, at Oakridge Nursing Home in Plattsburg.
No services will be conducted at Missouri. Inurnment will take place at a later date in Colorado. Arrangements by Bailey & Cox Family Funeral Service of Plattsburg.
DeCecco was born Oct 14, 1923, in the mining town of Monarch, WY, to John and Elnora (Sobotka) Turon. The family relocated to Oak Creek, CO, and that would become home to her.
During her teens, she moved to Gothenburg, which she would always consider her second home, according to family members.
She served with the U.S. Army during World War II as an X-ray technician on the East Coast, and then at Chicago.
Following her service in Chicago, she met and married John P. DeCecco, who preceded her in death in 2010.
DeCecco enjoyed her friends at Oakridge in Plattsburg and loved the staff, considering them extended family, said family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, John; her parents, John and Elnora; brothers—John, Paul, Joe and George; a sister, Rose.
Survivors include: her son, John V. (Jane) DeCecco of Lathrop, MO; a grandson, Patrick DeCecco of Lathrop; a sister, Mary Maynarich of Oakcreek, CO.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State