Terrance Lyons, 74 - February 22, 2014Terrance “Terry” Patrick Lyons, 74, of Whitney, TX, originally of North Platte, passed away Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at Town Hall Estates.
Memorial services will take place at 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28, at Marshall and Marshall Funeral Directors Chapel at Whitney with the Rev. Ouseph Thekkumthala of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church officiating. Committal services with military honors will be conducted at a later date at Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery.
Lyons was born May 18, 1939, at North Platte, to Michael Joseph and Verda (Adney) Lyons.
Following his high school career, he served 10½ years with the U.S. Navy.
On March 5, 1964, he was united in marriage to Sandra Greene at Omaha. The couple were married for 51 years.
Lyons and his wife resided the past 11 years in the Clifton/Whitney area after moving from Leander where they owned Lyons Quarter Horses.
He was a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary for five years.
Survivors include: his wife, Sandy Lyons of Whitney; a son, Jim Lyons of Fort Worth, TX; daughters—Brenda Lyons of Fort Worth and Debbie McKee of San Morcos; a brother, Tom Lyons of Clinton, IA; his sister, Marg Dillon of Gothenburg; grandsons—Eric McKee of San Marcos, Kevin (Sarah) Lyons of Fort Worth; great-grandsons—Ben and Will Lyons.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates