Evelyn Elsasser, 95 - February 15, 2004Evelyn P. Elsasser, 95, of Brady died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, at Linden Court.
Closed-casket services will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, at the Brady Methodist Church with the Rev. Janie Freeman officiating. Burial will be at the Brady Cemetery.
A register book signing will take place from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, March 7, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home.
Elsasser was born Nov. 3, 1918, at Brady to Fulton and Jean (Gilman) Murphy.
She graduated from Brady High School and then went on to attend college.
On July 16, 1938, she married Arno Elsasser at Brady. The couple resided at Brady where she worked as a substitute postal clerk.
Elsasser and her husband enjoyed their winters in retirement years at Tucson, AZ. Her husband preceded her in death on May 26, 2001.
She was a member of the Brady Methodist Church.
Elsasser was preceded in death by: her parents, Fulton and Jean; her husband, Arno; a brother, Dick Murphy; sister, Dorothy Mischke.
Survivors include: her son, Michael (Ann) Elsasser of Cheyenne, WY; two daughters—Geraldine Bond and Arlyn “Kay” (Bill) Rogers, all of Brady; six grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Brady United Methodist church.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price