Norma Les Beck, 95 - March 02, 2014Norman “Les” Beck, 95, of Farnam passed away Sunday, March 2, 2014, with his son Larry Beck, daughter Cathy Straughan and son-in-law Ron Straughan, at his side.
A memorial service will be conducted on May 24, at 10 a.m., Memorial Day weekend, at the United Methodist Church, 303 Caribou St., Farnam, NE 69029, with a reception to follow. Interment of cremains will take place at the Farnam Cemetery.
Beck was a decorated World War II United States Navy veteran.
He was employed as the town maintenance man in Farnam for several years, and also organized many local jam session at Cozad.
Beck is survived by numerous family members.
In lieu of flowers, family suggests contributions be made to donor’s choice church.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride