Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87 - March 09, 2014Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87, of California, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, March 9, 2014.
Services took place on Saturday, March 15, at the First United Methodist Church in Escondido, CA.
Putnam was born Oct. 6, 1926, at Gothenburg to William Edgar and Dora Putnam.
He served with the U.S. Navy from 1944 to 1946, and worked at Pyramid Granite Company for over 30 years before retiring in 1988.
Putnam was preceded in death by: his parents, Dora and William Edgar; a brother, Reginald Putnam; sisters—Ethel Kaufman and Darlene Kenney.
Survivors include: his wife of 61 years, Norma; sons—Robert (Shirley) Clayton, Jr. and William (Daina) Kenneth; grandchildren—Amy, Robert (Naomi), Billy, Grace, Jon and David; great-grandchildren—Silas, Eli and Finnley; sisters—Phyllis Lange and Carol Seymour.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested