Ralph Buss, 87 - March 18, 2009
Ralph C. Buss, 87, of Cozad, died Tuesday, March 10, 2009, at the Golden Living Center in Cozad.
Graveside services were held Friday, March 13, at the Block-Buss Cemetery north of Cozad with the Rev. Irwin Edwards officiating.
Buss was born on June 17, 1921, in Dawson County, to Chris and Ollie (Brewer) Buss. He attended school in rural Cozad, then went to work for several farming operations including Blocks, Kochs and Kinnans.
On June 20, 1952, he married Artis L. Coller at Cozad. The couple made their home at Cozad where they raised their children and lived their entire married life. She preceded him in death in 2004.
He was said to have operated the first “picker/sheller machine” used in Dawson County, according to family members. He retired from farming in the mid-1980’s.
?Buss enjoyed his work and especially loved spending time with his family, said family members.
?He was preceded in death by: his wife, Artis; three grandchildren—Christopher, Toni and Tammie; a brother, Walter; sister, Freda Parsons.
?Survivors include: his daughter, Doris (Earl) Atteberry of Lincoln; a son, Jay (Gail) Buss of Cozad; brother, Arthur (Virginia) Buss of Cozad; sister, Margaret Buesing of Gothenburg; six grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established. Condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout