Gordon McKim, 72 - May 08, 2014Gordon L. McKim, 72, of Cozad died Thursday, May 8, 2014, at North Platte.
Graveside services took place at the Gothenburg Cemetery on Saturday, May 10, with the Rev. Jon Mapa officiating.
McKim was born Aug. 14, 1941, at Gothenburg, son of James Newton McKim and Nina Nellie McKim.
He lived at Beatrice before moving to Cozad, and resided at South Central in Cozad.
McKim loved music and loved being sung to as well, according to family members. He also enjoyed people watching, greeting people and hugs.
He enjoyed going to dances and movies as well as classic cars and being outdoors, family said. Wearing hats was his most recent enjoyment.
?McKim was preceded in death by: his father, James Newton McKim; mother, Nina Nellie McKim; a sister, Betty Marchand.
Survivors include: his brother, David (Mary) McKim; two sisters—Alice (Don) Leggott and Jeannine (Bill) Miller; five nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to South Central, 821 J St., Cozad, NE 69130.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite