Earl Lindberg, 90 - November 03, 2013Earl E. Lindberg, 90, of California, originally of Maxwell, passed away Nov. 5, 2013, near his home.
A memorial service will take place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell on June 25 at 11 a.m.
Lindberg was born Sept. 21, 1923, on the family’s “island farm” near Maxwell to Adolph and Victoria Lindberg. He graduated from Maxwell High School.
He served with the U.S. Navy in the Pacific during World War II, and graduated from the University of Nebraska.
?Lindberg was employed as an engineer at companies in Michigan and California.
?He was preceded in death by: a sister, Xenia; brother Don; wife, Elsie.
?Survivors include: his life partner of 25 years, Jeanette Carlson; his children—David of Overland Park, KS, Laura of Tempe, AZ, and Tom of Corvallis, OR; grandchildren—Victoria and Virginia.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet