Clarence Kowalski, 80 - June 09, 2014Clarence W. Kowalski, 80, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, June 9, 2014, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
Services will take place at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 12, at Apfel Funeral Home with the Rev. Gary Harris officiating. Burial will be at Westlawn Memorial Park Cemetery at Grand Island.
A visitation will be conducted from 4 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, June 11, at Apfel Funeral Home.
Kowalski was born April 12, 1934, at Philbrook, MN, the son of Steve and Edith (Smith) Kowalski. He received his education at Philbrook and entered the United States Army during the Korean conflict in 1954 until his discharge in 1956.
He was employed by Roberts Dairy and later owned Kip’s Drive Inn at Gothenburg.
?Kowalski attended Messiah Lutheran Church and was a member of the Grand Island Veterans Club and the Cozad Elks Club.
?He was preceded in death by: his parents, Steve and Edith; a sister, Dolores.
Survivors include: his daughter, Teresa Porter of Denver, CO; two sons—Jeff Kowalski of Denver and Tim Bolton of Grand Island; four grandchildren; a special friend, Marjorie Roberts.
Memorials are suggested to the family for donations to a veteran’s cause.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates