Joyce Sarr, 71 - June 23, 2014Joyce Sarr, 71, of Grand Blanc, MI, died Monday, June 23, 2014, at McLaren-Flint in Flint, MI.
A memorial service will be conducted at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 28, at Swartz Funeral Home, 1225 West Hill Road, at Flint. Cremains will be interred at the Elmhurst Cemetery at Joliet, IL.
A visitation will take place at 12 p.m. on Saturday until time of the service at the funeral home.
Sarr was born Oct. 5, 1942, at Gothenburg, the daughter of Eugene and Helen (Davis) Giboney.
She was employed with General Motors as a tool maker, retiring after 30-plus years of service.
Sarr enjoyed afternoons on a boat and fishing, being with her family and her dogs, according to family members. She also enjoyed sewing.
?She was preceded in death by: her husband, Darrell in 1975; a daughter, Michelle; brothers—Laverne and Bob; a sister, Sharon.
?Survivors include: her son, Kent Sarr; her daughter, Ragenia Sarr; brothers—Rodney, Larry and Terry Giboney.
Memorials are suggested to the American Cancer Society.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president