Joyce Sarr, 71 - June 23, 2014Joyce Sarr, 71, of Grand Blanc, MI, died Monday, June 23, 2014, at McLaren-Flint in Flint, MI.
A memorial service will be conducted at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 28, at Swartz Funeral Home, 1225 West Hill Road, at Flint. Cremains will be interred at the Elmhurst Cemetery at Joliet, IL.
A visitation will take place at 12 p.m. on Saturday until time of the service at the funeral home.
Sarr was born Oct. 5, 1942, at Gothenburg, the daughter of Eugene and Helen (Davis) Giboney.
She was employed with General Motors as a tool maker, retiring after 30-plus years of service.
Sarr enjoyed afternoons on a boat and fishing, being with her family and her dogs, according to family members. She also enjoyed sewing.
?She was preceded in death by: her husband, Darrell in 1975; a daughter, Michelle; brothers—Laverne and Bob; a sister, Sharon.
?Survivors include: her son, Kent Sarr; her daughter, Ragenia Sarr; brothers—Rodney, Larry and Terry Giboney.
Memorials are suggested to the American Cancer Society.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST