Shirley McDonald, 73 - February 11, 2009
Shirley Joan Aden McDonald, 73, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, Feb. 6, 2009, at Rancho Mirage, CA.
A memorial service, which will be announced in the spring of 2009, will be conducted at her hometown of Gothenburg.
McDonald was born Aug. 27, 1935, at Gothenburg to Edmund and Dorothy Aden.
She had attended Gothenburg schools and graduated from high school in 1955. She then moved to Los Angeles to become a stewardess for United Airlines. Among many assignments, she was chosen to fly for the Chicago Cubs and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Following her marriages to Robert Harrison, Sr., and later to John K. McDonald, she became a top real estate agent. She enjoyed a prolific career, according to family members, starting in Pacific Palisades, CA, during the mid 1980’s and spanning to Trophy Club, TX, through the 1990’s.
?McDonald retired in 1997 as she had always dreamed, to Palm Desert, CA, said family members. No matter where she lived, she filled her life with amazing friends with whom she loved to spend her time.
?Her proudest achievement in life was raising her two loving sons, the family said.
She was preceded in death by her father, Edmund Aden.
Survivors include: her two sons—Robert (Brandi) of Los Angeles, CA, and daughter, Bradi, and Richard (Rachel) of Louisville, CO, and sons, Alex and Bodhi; her mother, Dorothy Aden; a sister, Sharon Bennett of Orlando, FL.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates