Shirley McDonald, 73 - February 11, 2009
Shirley Joan Aden McDonald, 73, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, Feb. 6, 2009, at Rancho Mirage, CA.
A memorial service, which will be announced in the spring of 2009, will be conducted at her hometown of Gothenburg.
McDonald was born Aug. 27, 1935, at Gothenburg to Edmund and Dorothy Aden.
She had attended Gothenburg schools and graduated from high school in 1955. She then moved to Los Angeles to become a stewardess for United Airlines. Among many assignments, she was chosen to fly for the Chicago Cubs and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Following her marriages to Robert Harrison, Sr., and later to John K. McDonald, she became a top real estate agent. She enjoyed a prolific career, according to family members, starting in Pacific Palisades, CA, during the mid 1980’s and spanning to Trophy Club, TX, through the 1990’s.
?McDonald retired in 1997 as she had always dreamed, to Palm Desert, CA, said family members. No matter where she lived, she filled her life with amazing friends with whom she loved to spend her time.
?Her proudest achievement in life was raising her two loving sons, the family said.
She was preceded in death by her father, Edmund Aden.
Survivors include: her two sons—Robert (Brandi) of Los Angeles, CA, and daughter, Bradi, and Richard (Rachel) of Louisville, CO, and sons, Alex and Bodhi; her mother, Dorothy Aden; a sister, Sharon Bennett of Orlando, FL.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout