Shirley Gleason, 77 - October 22, 2008
Shirley Jean Gleason, 77, of Gothenburg, died on Oct. 16, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
The family has honored Shirley’s wishes to be cremated. There will be no services at this time.
She was born on June 23, 1931, to George and Ellen (Kulick) Sholtz at Guide Rock. She grew up at Guide Rock and graduated from high school at Guide Rock.
She married Lavaile Gleason on June 10, 1949, at Red Cloud. To this union two children were born: Michael and Regina.
Gleason did clerical work for the Phelps County Clerk. She lived in Guide Rock, Denver, Holdrege and Harlingen, TX, before making her home in Gothenburg.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Bill Sholtz.
Survivors include: daughter Regina (Robert) Lane of Gothenburg; son Mike (Judy) Gleason of Lincoln; two grandchildren—Todd (Kathy) Lane of Lincoln and Taci (Marc) Bartlett of Gothenburg; four great-grandchildren; a sister Kyla (Keith) Ely and a sister-in-law Barbara Blecha.
Online condolences may be given to the family at www.blasestrauser.com
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST