Florence Trumble, 86 - October 08, 2008
Florence Y. Trumble, 86, of Bertrand, formerly of Kearney, died Friday, Oct. 3, 2008, at the Bertrand Nursing Home.
Private family funeral services will be held at a later date.
Trumble was born on Nov. 26, 1921, at Butte, MT, to Mert George and Edith Yeaton (Higgs) Baalke.
She graduated from Eldorado County High School in Placerville, CA, with the class of 1939. She also attended Santa Rosa Junior College and Chadron State College.
On July 1, 1949, she was united in marriage to John Louis Trumble at Allen, SD.
Trumble was a member of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, the Book Club, Golden K Kiwanis, Legion Auxiliary and the AARP.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, John; brother, Gail Baalke; a daughter, Judith; granddaughter, Kathleen Bruns.
Survivors include: her daughters—Martha (Randy) Secrest of Bertrand, Susan (Dennis) Kirkpatrick of Gothenburg, Karen (John) Tucker of Johnstown, CO, and Deborah (Carlos) Hererra of Georgetown, TX; her son, John (Becky) Trumble of Tiffin, OH; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to St. Luke’s Episcopal Church of Kearney or St. Katherine Episcopal Church of Martin, SD: c/o the family or Horner-Lieske-Horner Mortuary.
Condolences, tributes or memories can be shared online at www.hlhmortuary.com.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action