Edward Umshler, Jr., 66 - September 10, 2008
Edward “Ed” J. Umshler, Jr., 66, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Sept. 6, 2008, at his home in Cozad.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel of Cozad with the Rev. Lyle Schoen officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Cozad Cemetery.
Umshler was born Dec. 24, 1941, at Gothenburg to Edward and Arline (Olds) Umshler. He graduated from Omaha South High School.
Following his high school graduation, he was employed with the Omaha Stockyards. In 1967, he moved to Cozad and began work with Clougherty Packing. He retired in the late 1990’s after more than 20 years of employment.
He was a member of the Cozad Elks Lodge No. 2250, the Cozad Country Club and the Lions Club.
Umshler enjoyed gardening, fishing, golfing and car restoration as well as spending time with his family, according to family members.
?He was preceded in death by: his father, Edward; a sister, Donna.
?Survivors include: his mother, Arline Umshler of Bellevue; three sons—Daniel (Debbie) Umshler of Jackson, LA, Tim (Linda) Umshler of Lincoln, and Scott (Yolanda) Umshler of Chandler, AR; two brothers—Ron (Carol) Umshler and Jim (Linda) Umshler, all of Omaha; two grandchildren—Elizabeth and Patrick; numerous other relatives and friends.
A memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates