Jeanette Duis, 62 - June 18, 2008
Jeanette Ann Duis, 62, of North Platte, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, June 11, 2008, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
A memorial service was held on Monday, June 16, at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in North Platte with the Rev. Carl Pullmann officiating. Cremation was chosen.
Duis was born on Sept. 4, 1945, to Harold William and Verna Block Kratzenstein at Gothenburg, where she grew up.
She was united in marriage to Kermit George Duis on Oct. 28, 1962, at Gothenburg.
The couple worked on Pawnee Spring Ranches. In 1982, they were divorced.
Duis moved to North Platte and was employed at several locations including the Hotel Pawnee Assisted Living for 10 years. She also attended Mid-Plains Community College.
She was a member of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and the Eagle’s Auxiliary.
Duis was preceded in death by: her parents; a daughter, Shelia Lum; a son, Keith Duis; a granddaughter, Katie Lum.
Survivors include: her grandchildren—Bryan Lum and Ashia Lum, both of North Platte; special friend, Dale Johannsen of North Platte; other family members.
Memorials are suggested to the American Cancer Society.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC