Ruth Fry, 92 - March 05, 2008
Ruth E. Fry, 92, of Farnam, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A graveside memorial service was held at the Highland Cemetery at Bertrand on Thursday, Feb. 28, with the Rev. Cathi Braasch of Hope Lutheran Church of Smithfield officiating.
Fry was born on March 4, 1915, at Smithfield, to Wilbur and Canna Waln.
She was preceded in death by: her daughters—Carol (Donald) Freeman and Virginia Lee Wendland; her son, Albert Eugene Wendland.
Survivors include: her husband of 47 years, Larry; a son, Darrell (Barbara) Wendland of Council Bluffs, IA; a daughter, Iona (Rodean) Cornelsen of Johnstown, CO; 14 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST