Ruth Fry, 92 - March 05, 2008
Ruth E. Fry, 92, of Farnam, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A graveside memorial service was held at the Highland Cemetery at Bertrand on Thursday, Feb. 28, with the Rev. Cathi Braasch of Hope Lutheran Church of Smithfield officiating.
Fry was born on March 4, 1915, at Smithfield, to Wilbur and Canna Waln.
She was preceded in death by: her daughters—Carol (Donald) Freeman and Virginia Lee Wendland; her son, Albert Eugene Wendland.
Survivors include: her husband of 47 years, Larry; a son, Darrell (Barbara) Wendland of Council Bluffs, IA; a daughter, Iona (Rodean) Cornelsen of Johnstown, CO; 14 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC