William Preitauer, 66 - January 16, 2008
William E. “Bill” Preitauer, 66, of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, at his home.
Services were held on Saturday, Jan. 12, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Burial will take place at a later date.
Preitauer was born on June 16, 1941, to Stanley and Ilah (Koster) Preitauer at Gothenburg.
He attended Gothenburg schools and was united in marriage to Bonnie Booth on Jan. 12, 1972. To this union, three children were born.
Preitauer moved to a ranch northwest of Gothenburg in 1976 and worked there until 1981 when he moved to his residence east of town. While living on the ranch, he obtained an auctioneer license and drove truck.
He had spent his life as a rancher and loved to be around livestock, especially cattle, horses and all pets, according to family members.
?Preitauer was preceded in death by: his parents, Stanley and Ilah; sisters—JoAnn Matthews and Myrna Sawle.
?Survivors include: his two sons—Billy of North Platte and Mike (Jody) of Gothenburg; a daughter, Tina of Lincoln; brother, John; two sisters—Joyce and Adelyn; six grandchildren—Alyssa, Camron, Connor, Trevor, Jake and Brady; one great-grandchild.
Memorials are suggested to the Preitauer family, 1913 Ave A, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates