Lee Bratten, 85 - January 09, 2008
Lee Bratten, 85, of San Diego, CA, formerly of Brady, died Thursday, Dec. 20, 2007, at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, following a stroke.
Services were held on Friday, Dec. 28, at the First United Methodist Church at Carroll with the Rev. Ken Ferguson officiating. Burial took place at Calvary Cemetery at Omaha.
A son of Charles and Hilda (Elander) Bratten, he was born on July 19, 1922, at Brady.
He attended school at Brady and after high school, he completed a year of business school.
Bratten was united in marriage to Carmen Wilkeson on May 1, 1976, at the First United Methodist Church at Carroll. The couple moved to San Diego in 1985.
He had been employed as an accountant and a tax preparer throughout his working lifetime.
Bratten was a member of the Elks chorus and barbershop quartet and the first United Methodist Church choir, spending more than 60 years in church choirs at both Carroll and San Diego.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Hilda; a step-daughter, Roseann de la Vega; a step-son, Daniel de la Vega; three sisters—Julie Lange, Louise Anderson and Vendella Johnson; four brothers—Paul, Joseph, Gideon and Herman Bratten.
Survivors include: his wife, Carmen of San Diego; a step-daughter, Mary (Dennis) Rice of Rockport, MO; three step-grandchildren—Jason Moser, Kyle Rice and Austin Rice; a brother, David (Vivian) Bratten of St. Petersburg, FL.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates