Ron Hamilton, 60 - December 05, 2007
Ron Hamilton, 60, of Chaska, MN, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2007, at Fairview Southdale Hospital.
A service celebrating his life was held Wednesday, Nov. 28, at Wooddale Church at Eden Prairie with the Rev. Frank Doten officiating. Burial took place at Mount Pleasant Cemetery at Chaska.
Hamilton was born on Nov. 10, 1947, at Gothenburg to Willard and Genevieve (Appleyard) Hamilton.
He grew up in McCook, playing ball, hunting pheasants and working with his father.
Hamilton served in the United States Navy during the Vietnam Era from 1968-1972, receiving an honorable discharge.
He attended the Western Bible College at Morrison, CO.
On May 29, 1976, he was united in marriage to Mary at Conifer, CO.
Hamilton was a devoted husband and father, having coached his sons on the Chaska baseball teams for several years and rarely missing a game from grade school through college, according to family members.
?His work ethic was exemplary for his sons and all those around him. He also had a strong personal relationship with his Lord and Savior, said family members.
He was preceded in death by his father, Willard Hamilton
Survivors include: his wife of 31 years, Mary; his sons—Josh (Sharon) and Isaac; his mother, Genevieve Hamilton of Gothenburg; sisters—Jan Janssen of Gothenburg, Carol Brown of Estes Park, CO, and Joy Wigle of Chaska.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar