Daniel Peterson, Sr., 73 - November 07, 2007
Daniel J. Peterson, Sr., 73, of North Plate and Jeffrey Lake, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at the Nebraska Heart Institute in Lincoln.
Services were held on Friday, Nov. 2, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel at Gothenburg with the Rev. Donald O’Brien officiating. Burial took place at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery.
Peterson was born on Sept. 27, 1934, at Grand Forks, ND. He graduated from St. Mary’s High School in Bismarck, ND, and DU Law School.
He served in the U.S. Air Force and retired as a lieutenant colonel from the Air National Guard. After retiring from the Federal Aviation Administration, he continued a private practice in aviation law.
Peterson resided in North Platte and Brady. He also resided at Mesa, AZ, during winters.
Survivors include: his love, Laura Byrns of North Platte; six children—Roy (Denise) of Mound, MN, Rita Marie (Matt) Dillon of Parker, CO, Jim Peterson of Fairplay, CO, Susan Lucero of Arvada, CO, Danny Jr. (Shelley) of Lakeland, FL, and Kathleen (Ken) Mueller of Golden, CO; five grandchildren
Memorials are suggested to the National Diabetes Association and the National Heart Association.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair