Deborah Bockus, 53 - September 26, 2007
Deborah Lee (Doudney) Bockus, 53, of North Platte, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007.
Services were held on Monday, Sept. 24, at Adams & Swanson Chapel with the Rev. Bob Deardoff officiating. Burial took place at the Riverview Cemetery at Sutherland.
Bockus was born on May 3, 1954, to Richard and Donna Browning Fanning, at Fairbury.
She attended school at Bayard, Gering and North Platte, and attended college at Mid-Plains Community College.
Bockus enjoyed painting and reading, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Donnie Bockus; a daughter, April Doudney; her grandmother, Esther Novacek.
Survivors include: a son, Christopher Fanning of North Platte; a daughter, Melissa (Jaimie) Kasson of Eustis; her mother, Donna Fanning of Hershey; her father, Richard (Kathy) Fanning of Ludell, KS; two brothers—David (Carla) Fanning of Bayard and Ken Fanning of Bridgeport; two sisters—Karen (Kelley) Wyatt of Burley, ID, and Allison (Dan) Huebner of Hershey; four grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; special friend, Mark Williams.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: www.adamsswanson.com.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics