Deborah Bockus, 53 - September 26, 2007
Deborah Lee (Doudney) Bockus, 53, of North Platte, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007.
Services were held on Monday, Sept. 24, at Adams & Swanson Chapel with the Rev. Bob Deardoff officiating. Burial took place at the Riverview Cemetery at Sutherland.
Bockus was born on May 3, 1954, to Richard and Donna Browning Fanning, at Fairbury.
She attended school at Bayard, Gering and North Platte, and attended college at Mid-Plains Community College.
Bockus enjoyed painting and reading, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Donnie Bockus; a daughter, April Doudney; her grandmother, Esther Novacek.
Survivors include: a son, Christopher Fanning of North Platte; a daughter, Melissa (Jaimie) Kasson of Eustis; her mother, Donna Fanning of Hershey; her father, Richard (Kathy) Fanning of Ludell, KS; two brothers—David (Carla) Fanning of Bayard and Ken Fanning of Bridgeport; two sisters—Karen (Kelley) Wyatt of Burley, ID, and Allison (Dan) Huebner of Hershey; four grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; special friend, Mark Williams.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: www.adamsswanson.com.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC