Edith Tatum-Heagney, 86 - June 20, 2007
Edith M. Tatum-Heagney, 86, of Curtis, died Saturday, June 16, 2007, at Sunset Haven Nursing Home in Curtis.
Services were held at 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the First United Methodist Church in Curtis with the Rev. Kevin Burkhardt officiating. Burial will take place at the Morning View Cemetery at Wallace.
Tatum-Heagney was born Edith Mae Raney on May 28, 1921, to Eli and Emma A. (Parker) Raney at Wallace. She grew up and attended school in Wallace.
On Oct. 12, 1938, she was united in marriage to Bert V. Tatum at Julesburg, CO. To this union, five children were born.
She served as school district treasurer and worked at the Goodall plant in Sutherland, making condensers for the war effort.
She and her husband moved their family to Curtis from Sarben in August of 1956 after her husband’s appointment as relief foreman for the Union Pacific Railroad.
Following her husband’s death on Feb. 15, 1958, she went to work as a waitress at the Aggie Inn and later as a store clerk at Skogmos and then O’Connor’s Dime Store.
On Nov. 17, 1967, she married Leo Heagney at Curtis, who passed away on Oct. 25, 1995.
?Tatum-Heagney served as a Girl Scout leader, an M.T.F sponsor and a clown leader for Halloween parades.
?She enjoyed spending as much time as she could with her family as well as gardening, sewing, crocheting, cooking and square dancing, according to family members.
?Tatum-Heagney was preceded in death by: two infant sisters; her parents; husband, Bert Tatum; husband, Leo Heagney; a daughter, Alice Walker; daughter-in-law, Sue Tatum.
Survivors include: her children—Marion (Karen) Tatum of Gothenburg, Joyce (Dallas) Petersen of Curtis, David Tatum of Detroit, MI, and Gladys (Mike) Krikac of Hastings; 13 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the First United Methodist Church of Curtis.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.