Darlene Gayman, 75 - March 28, 2007
Darlene Gayman, 75, of Cozad, died March 24, 2007, at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 29, at the Church of Christ on Newell with Mike Dennis officiating. Inurnment will be in the Cozad Cemetery.
Visitation for memorial book signatures will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Berryman Funeral Home in Cozad.
She was born Sept. 2, 1931, at Gothenburg to Bert and Violet Rothrock VanMeter and attended school at Gothenburg.
On June 15, 1948, she married Gene Gayman and they made their home in Cozad. She had been briefly employed at the Jack & Jill store.
She was a member of the Church of Christ and active in church work. She cherished her time with her family, especially her grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband in 1994; 2 sisters, Betty VanMeter and Geraldine Slack and 3 brothers, William, Victor and Gerald VanMeter.
Survivors include: three sons—David (Diane) of Greeley, CO, Dennis (Pat) of Chandler, AZ, and Douglas (Jayne) of Newberry, SC; seven grandchildren—Stephanie (Nate) Campbell and Scott Gayman, both of Colorado, Mitchell Gayman and Mathew (Rhonda) Gayman of Arizona and Amy, Kate & Kelly Gayman, all of South Carolina; five great grandsons; two brothers—Robert VanMeter of Aberdeen, SD, and Burdette VanMeter of DeSmet, SD, and many nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the Church of Christ in her memory. Condolences may be shared at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout