Guida Buterbaugh, 86 - March 21, 2007
Guida Ballard Buterbaugh, 86, of Gothenburg, died Friday, March 16, 2007, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
Buterbaugh’s body was cremated. She and her late husband, Max, will be laid to rest together at Fort McPherson National Cemetery. No service will be held.
She was born on Jan. 8, 1921, to George and Leta (Reed) Ballard, on a farm near Vesta. She graduated from Vesta High School in 1937 and then from Lincoln School of Commerce.
On Nov. 5, 1945, she married Max C. Buterbaugh at Julian. The couple farmed south of Gothenburg after their marriage. They also lived and farmed near Odessa, and later farmed at Morrowville and Aurora, KS, before returning to Gothenburg about 25 years ago.
Buterbaugh was preceded in death by: her parents; her husband, Max, on Nov. 17, 2002; a son, Joe on Dec. 30, 2001.
Survivors include: two daughters—Judy (Chuck) Messersmith of Alliance and Jane Buterbaugh of Culbertson; five grandchildren; a sister, Margaret of Minnesota.
Memorials are suggested to Gothenburg Rescue or donor’s choice.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23