Danny Donner, 58 - March 07, 2007
Danny Dale Donner, 58, of Farnam, died Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2007.
Graveside services were held on Saturday, March 3, at the Farnam Cemetery with the Rev. Cliff Transmeier officiating. Military rites were given by the American Legion Post No. 288 of Farnam.
Donner was born on April 3, 1948, at Gothenburg to Argil and Lilly R. Houser Donner. He grew up at Farnam and graduated from Farnam High School.
He served in the U.S. Army from March 1966 to April of 1977. He served two tours in Vietnam, Germany and in the states of Washington, California, Florida, Kansas and Colorado.
Following his U.S. Army discharge, he was employed with road construction, as a cook and at hay mills as well.
Donner enjoyed listening to the radio, watching television, gardening and flowers, according to family members.
?He was preceded in death by his father, Argil in 2001.
?Survivors include: a son, Danny of Columbus; his mother, Lilly Donner of Farnam; a brother, Jim Donner of Farnam; two aunts—Doris (Albert) Farr of Cambridge and Waunetta Crisman of Gothenburg; an uncle, Cliff Houser of Cambridge; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials may be directed to the Danny Donner Family: P.O. Box 193, Farnam, NE 69029.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog