Marie Baker, 93 - January 10, 2007
Marie Isabelle Baker, 93, of North Platte, died Friday, Jan. 5, 2007, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were held on Monday, Jan. 8, at Calvary Baptist Church with the Rev. Bob Payne officiating. Burial was at the Farnam Cemetery.
Baker was born on Dec. 18, 1913, at Farnam, to Thomas and Morna Eggleston Crampton. She was a farmer’s daughter and raised a farmer’s family.
She had enjoyed life and spring’s purple flowers and being quietly there for those in need, according to family members.
Baker was preceded in death by: her parents; two sisters; a daughter, Joan; two grandchildren.
Survivors include: her husband of nearly 71 years, Lawrence Roy Baker of North Platte; her children—Cecil (Rosie) Baker of Ruskin, Sherry (Merle) Lind of North Platte, Jim (Pat) Baker of Farnam and Gary (Debby) Baker of North Platte; 12 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adams swanson.com.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president