Marie Baker, 93 - January 10, 2007
Marie Isabelle Baker, 93, of North Platte, died Friday, Jan. 5, 2007, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were held on Monday, Jan. 8, at Calvary Baptist Church with the Rev. Bob Payne officiating. Burial was at the Farnam Cemetery.
Baker was born on Dec. 18, 1913, at Farnam, to Thomas and Morna Eggleston Crampton. She was a farmer’s daughter and raised a farmer’s family.
She had enjoyed life and spring’s purple flowers and being quietly there for those in need, according to family members.
Baker was preceded in death by: her parents; two sisters; a daughter, Joan; two grandchildren.
Survivors include: her husband of nearly 71 years, Lawrence Roy Baker of North Platte; her children—Cecil (Rosie) Baker of Ruskin, Sherry (Merle) Lind of North Platte, Jim (Pat) Baker of Farnam and Gary (Debby) Baker of North Platte; 12 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adams swanson.com.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog