Marie Baker, 93 - January 10, 2007
Marie Isabelle Baker, 93, of North Platte, died Friday, Jan. 5, 2007, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were held on Monday, Jan. 8, at Calvary Baptist Church with the Rev. Bob Payne officiating. Burial was at the Farnam Cemetery.
Baker was born on Dec. 18, 1913, at Farnam, to Thomas and Morna Eggleston Crampton. She was a farmer’s daughter and raised a farmer’s family.
She had enjoyed life and spring’s purple flowers and being quietly there for those in need, according to family members.
Baker was preceded in death by: her parents; two sisters; a daughter, Joan; two grandchildren.
Survivors include: her husband of nearly 71 years, Lawrence Roy Baker of North Platte; her children—Cecil (Rosie) Baker of Ruskin, Sherry (Merle) Lind of North Platte, Jim (Pat) Baker of Farnam and Gary (Debby) Baker of North Platte; 12 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adams swanson.com.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite