Rosevawn Porter, 82 - January 18, 2010
Rosavawn Faye Porter, 82, of Denver, CO, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Denver.
Graveside services were held on Tuesday, Jan. 12, at the Gothenburg Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Porter was born Dec. 14, 1927, to Ulfert and Sophea (Buesing) Block at Gothenburg. She grew up and attended schools at Gothenburg.
On Oct. 17, 1952, she was united in marriage to Herbert Porter at Brady. She had resided at Gothenburg, Cozad and Denver.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Herbert Mearl Porter; her parents, Ulfert and Sophea Block.
Survivors include: her son, Randy (Regina) Porter of Denver; a sister, Norma Chittenden of Cozad; brothers-in-laws—Norm (Margaret) Porter of Gothenburg and Robert (Marilyn) Porter of Denver; sister-in-law Paula Rogers of Brady; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Porter family at: 1800 South Cook St., Denver, CO 80210.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout