Rosevawn Porter, 82 - January 18, 2010
Rosavawn Faye Porter, 82, of Denver, CO, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Denver.
Graveside services were held on Tuesday, Jan. 12, at the Gothenburg Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Porter was born Dec. 14, 1927, to Ulfert and Sophea (Buesing) Block at Gothenburg. She grew up and attended schools at Gothenburg.
On Oct. 17, 1952, she was united in marriage to Herbert Porter at Brady. She had resided at Gothenburg, Cozad and Denver.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Herbert Mearl Porter; her parents, Ulfert and Sophea Block.
Survivors include: her son, Randy (Regina) Porter of Denver; a sister, Norma Chittenden of Cozad; brothers-in-laws—Norm (Margaret) Porter of Gothenburg and Robert (Marilyn) Porter of Denver; sister-in-law Paula Rogers of Brady; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Porter family at: 1800 South Cook St., Denver, CO 80210.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president