Cornelius ‘Neil’ McCarthy, 69 - February 24, 2010
Cornelius Francis “Neil” McCarthy, 69, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mass of Christian burial took place on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010, at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial was at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery at Lexington.
McCarthy was preceded in death by: his son, Robert Anthony; an infant daughter, Christine Anne; an infant grandson, Tyler Anthony; his parents, Cornelius and Francis; a sister, Janet.
Survivors include: his wife of 49 years, Rosemary; his sons—Jerry (Lori) of Blair, Chris (partner, Jimmy Victor) of Omaha; a daughter, Trueline; grandchildren—Kristina, Mason, Evan and Dominque.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for the complete paper on-line on Wednesday afternoons.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC