Mildred C. Umshler, 92 - April 28, 2010
Mildred C. Umshler, 92, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, April 20, 2010, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services were held Tuesday, April 27, at the First United Methodist Church of Cozad with the Rev. Lyle Schoen officiating. Burial took place at the Cozad Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Morey; three brothers—Kenneth, Cecil and Clayton; a sister, Ethel (Ernest) VanWay; sister-in-law, Colleen Axthelm.
Survivors include: her daughter, Jan (Dallas) Nichols of Cozad; two grandchildren—Brandee (David) Schram of Hastings and Jeffery (Rosann) Nichols of Omaha; four great-grandchildren—Katherine, Grace, Haley and Brayden; brothers—Glen Axthelm of North Platte and Nort (Mary) Axthelm of Riverton, WY; two sisters-in-law—Marge Axthelm of Riverton, WY, and Doris Axthelm of North Platte; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC