Robert Markham, 94 - June 02, 2010
Robert E. Markham, 94, of Columbus died Wednesday, May 26, 2010, at the Golden Living Center of Columbus.
Services were held on May 29 at the First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Bill Ritter officiating. Interment took place on June 1 at the Parkview Cemetery at Hastings with military honors.
Markham was preceded in death by: his parents, James and Edna Markham; his wife, Olive Markham on Sept. 29, 2005; a sister, Mildred (Ron) Flora; brothers-in-law—Harold Busboom, Royal Busboom and Delmar (Geri) Busboom; sister-in-law, Barbara (Joe) Schultz.
Survivors include: his sons—Jack Markham of Kemmerer, WY, and Robert “Bob” J. (Chris) Markham of Columbus; his daughter, Judy (Larry) Vincent of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Kyle (Tiffany) Vincent of Gothenburg, Tyler (Jennifer) Vincent of Omaha, Andrew Markham and Alexander Markham of Columbus; great-grandchildren—Claire Vincent of Gothenburg and Maggie Vincent of Omaha; a brother, Glenn Markham of Pahrump, NV; sisters-in-law—Mary Busboom of Fremont and Erna Busboom of San Diego, CA; several nieces and their spouses.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action