David Meisinger, 68 - August 05, 2009
David Philip Meisinger, 68, of Plattsmouth died Monday, July 27, 2009, at Gothenburg.
He was born Oct. 6, 1940, in Murray to Alvin B.E. and Clara M. (Wickman) Meisinger.
On Nov. 10, 1961, he married Janet Ann Friedrich at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Plattsmouth.
Meisinger was retired as supervisor of Plattsmouth Waste Water Treatment Plant. He was a member of Plattsmouth Volunteer Fire Department, Mid States Antique Tractor Club, Nebraska Waste Water Operators Division, Plattsmouth Lodge 6 and was a Lord of the King Korn Karnival.
Survivors include: his wife Janet of Plattsmouth; sons—John (Debbie) Meisinger of Glenwood, IA; Dan (Mary) Meisinger of Gothenburg; and Buck (Heather) Meisinger of Louisville; grandchildren—Alix, Aryn and Ana Meisinger of Gothenburg; Kelby, Jessica and J.D. Meisinger of Louisville; Holly and (Bryan) Newman of Glenwood; James D. Ayerss of Travis AFB, CA; great-grandchildren—Averi and Autumn Newman of Glenwood.
He was preceded in death by his mother, father, mother-in-law and father-in-law.
The family suggests memorials to: Gothenburg Fire Dept., Masonic Home, donor’s choice.
Arrangements were by Fusselman-Wymore Funeral Home, Plattsmouth.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates