Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57 - September 22, 2010
Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57, formerly of Lexington, passed away Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010, from injuries sustained in a fall at his home.
Memorial services took place Monday, Sept. 20, at the Smithfield North Stake Center. Interment was at the Smithfield City Cemetery will military honors.
Volkman was preceded in death by: his beloved daughter, Kaylee Ann; his father, Gene; a brother-in-law, Kenneth Wolf.
Survivors include: his wife, Beverly; his sons—Chase (Dawn Cooper), Trevor (Leilani Daines) and Zachary; his mother, Betty; a brother, David (Kathy); sisters—Jeanette Wolf and Darla (LaMonte) Schlake; parents-in-law, Leon and Marion Denton; sisters- and brothers-in-law—Audrie (Gordon) Goldsberry, Donna (Chris) Conner, Steven (Cathy) Denton, Helen (Jeff) Jeppsen and Gary (Roxie) Denton; numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action