Jerry V. Delahunty, 51 - January 03, 2011
Jerry V. Delahunty, 51, of Kearney, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital from esophageal cancer.
Services will be Thursday, Jan. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Kearney Evangelical Free Church with the Rev. Mike Shields officiating. A private burial will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
A visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 5, at the Horner Lieske McBride & Kuhl Funeral Home, and one hour prior to services at the church.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Thomas; a sister-in-law, Sonia Delahunty.
Survivors include: his wife, Jody of Kearney; three daughters—Jessica Delahunty (fiancée Jomar Pika) of Lincoln, Jenna (Ryan) Lockhorn of Omaha, and Jaime of Kearney; a grandson, Isaiah of Kearney; his mother, Valetta Delahunty of Gothenburg; brother, Tom Delahunty of Gothenburg; a sister, Kathy (Jeff) Chambers of North Mankato, MN; father- and mother-in-law, Larry and Shirley Nelson of Gothenburg; brothers- and sisters-in-law—Kim and Scott Willis of Denver, Dirk and Stephanie Block of Omaha, Kent and Amy Sytsma of Elkhorn, and Bobbi Nelson of Omaha; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout
- Cozad’s Dollar General moves to new location
- Women in Agriculture celebrates 30 years of offering programs
- Shadow’s smell serves diabetic sisters
- Sewer hike, zoning changes approved