Jerry V. Delahunty, 51 - January 03, 2011
Jerry V. Delahunty, 51, of Kearney, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital from esophageal cancer.
Services will be Thursday, Jan. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Kearney Evangelical Free Church with the Rev. Mike Shields officiating. A private burial will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
A visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 5, at the Horner Lieske McBride & Kuhl Funeral Home, and one hour prior to services at the church.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Thomas; a sister-in-law, Sonia Delahunty.
Survivors include: his wife, Jody of Kearney; three daughters—Jessica Delahunty (fiancée Jomar Pika) of Lincoln, Jenna (Ryan) Lockhorn of Omaha, and Jaime of Kearney; a grandson, Isaiah of Kearney; his mother, Valetta Delahunty of Gothenburg; brother, Tom Delahunty of Gothenburg; a sister, Kathy (Jeff) Chambers of North Mankato, MN; father- and mother-in-law, Larry and Shirley Nelson of Gothenburg; brothers- and sisters-in-law—Kim and Scott Willis of Denver, Dirk and Stephanie Block of Omaha, Kent and Amy Sytsma of Elkhorn, and Bobbi Nelson of Omaha; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500