Donald Bailey - January 27, 2011
Donald Allen Bailey, 77, of North Platte died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at his home in North Platte, following a courageous battle with cancer.
A celebration of life service took place on Tuesday, Jan. 25, at the Church of Christ with Ned Cooper, Bob Lewis, Bill Bryan and Dr. Russ Dudrey officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ernest and Mary; brothers—Marvin and Russell Bailey; grandson, Garrett Bailey; great-granddaughters—Elizabeth and Abigail Brueggeman.
Survivors include: his wife, Virginia of North Platte; his daughters—Linda (Bobby) Brueggeman of Holyoke, CO, and Mary Lou (Kim) Nikkel of Oklahoma City, OK; his sons—Mark (Kandi) Bailey of North Platte and Brad (Lorinda) Bailey of Hastings; grandchildren—Jennifer (Darin) Morgan, Brandon (Loree) Cain, Brent (Kile) Cain, Elizabeth, Jenna and Patrick Brueggeman, Jamie, Joshua and Jodi Nikkel, Brent, Landon and Jordan Bailey and Brittany and Brooke Bailey; great-grandchildren—Jean (Earl) Max, Orrin (Janice) Bailey, Leona Bailey, Carolyn Bailey, Bob (Lucille) Koenig, Dean (Donna) Kittle and Delbert (Patty) Mentzer; numerous nieces, nephews and other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout