Archie Block, 83 - February 20, 2011
Archie Wayne Block, 83, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011, at Good Samaritan Nursing Home in Callaway.
Services will take place at 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 25, at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Burial, with military honors, will be at the American Lutheran Cemetery north of Gothenburg.
Block was preceded in death by: his father, Ricus; his mother, Elizabeth; brothers—Virgil and Alvin.
Survivors include: his wife, Bonnie Block of Cozad; his daughter, Ann Block (Rick Mockler) of Davis, CA, two granddaughters—Brenna and Alana Mockler; a brother, Vernon (Gail) Block; two sisters—Arlene (Rodney) Aden and Geraldine Kampe; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics