Betty Gales, 87 - June 24, 2009
Betty O. Gales, 87, of Gothenburg died Monday, June 22, 2009, at Gothenburg.
Funeral services were held at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Burial will take place at the Forest Lawn Memory Gardens in Georgia at a later date.
She was born on Jan. 26, 1922, to Frank and Grace (Schell) Olson at Grand Island. She attended schools at Grand Island and Tryon.
Gales worked as a waitress. She lived in Jacksonville, FL, Savannah, GA, and later moved to Gothenburg in 2004 and lived with her daughter. She especially loved her church, the family said.
She was preceded in death by father, Frank Olson and mother, Grace Schell Olson.
Gales is survived by: her daughter, Judy (Claude) Slack of Gothenburg; sons—Kenneth (Susan) Johnson, Rodney (Judy) Spell, Robert (Cindy) Johnson; sister Patricia Colyer of Dallas, OR; brother Richard Olson of Dallas, OR; and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State