Howard Hodson, 96 - April 03, 2011
Howard Hodson, 96
He farmed the land his grandfather homesteaded
Howard A. Hodson, 96, of Gothenburg passed away Sunday, April 3, 2011, at the same home where he was born on the family farm east of Gothenburg.
Memorial services will be take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Friday, April 8, at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Lawrence Francis officiating. Interment will be at the Grandview Cemetery, east of Gothenburg.
Hodson was preceded in death by his wife, Violet Hodson on Dec. 28, 2007.
Survivors include: his son, H. Kent Hodson of Los Angeles, CA; his daughter, Connie L. (Ralph) White of Eustis; a nephew, Thomas Z. (Mary Edna) Hodson; niece, Kay E. Hodson; great-nephew, Timothy Hodson, all of Champaign, IL.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president