Gertrude Kutsch, 88 - May 01, 2011
Gertrude R. Hickey Kutsch, 88, of Cozad passed away Sunday, May 1, 2011, at the Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Mass of the Christian Burial will take place Saturday, May 7, at 10:30 a.m. at Christ the King Catholic Church in Cozad with the Rev. Don O’Brien as celebrant. Burial will be at the St. Anselm’s Cemetery, east of Anselmo, at 2 p.m.
A visitation will be on Friday, May 6, from 1-8 p.m. at the Berryman Funeral Home in Cozad with a Rosary to be recited at 7 p.m.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Cornelius and Sylvia McCarthy; her first husband, William J. Hickey; her second husband, Lyle Kutsch; a son, Mike; daughter-in-law, Connie; great-grandson, Lane; six brothers—Henry, Neil, Dennis, Jerry, Thomas and John; a sister, Mary McDermott Kuta.
Survivors include: her children—Bill (Lois) Hickey of Willow Island, Jim Hickey of North Platte, Kenneth Hickey of Fairfield, and Karen Brooks of Holdrege; two sisters—Mildred Pinkston and Margaret Eastburn of Arnold; 15 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president