Gertrude Kutsch, 88 - May 01, 2011
Gertrude R. Hickey Kutsch, 88, of Cozad passed away Sunday, May 1, 2011, at the Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Mass of the Christian Burial will take place Saturday, May 7, at 10:30 a.m. at Christ the King Catholic Church in Cozad with the Rev. Don O’Brien as celebrant. Burial will be at the St. Anselm’s Cemetery, east of Anselmo, at 2 p.m.
A visitation will be on Friday, May 6, from 1-8 p.m. at the Berryman Funeral Home in Cozad with a Rosary to be recited at 7 p.m.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Cornelius and Sylvia McCarthy; her first husband, William J. Hickey; her second husband, Lyle Kutsch; a son, Mike; daughter-in-law, Connie; great-grandson, Lane; six brothers—Henry, Neil, Dennis, Jerry, Thomas and John; a sister, Mary McDermott Kuta.
Survivors include: her children—Bill (Lois) Hickey of Willow Island, Jim Hickey of North Platte, Kenneth Hickey of Fairfield, and Karen Brooks of Holdrege; two sisters—Mildred Pinkston and Margaret Eastburn of Arnold; 15 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500